Thread: To all GSW fans
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2007, 02:07 AM   #40
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Nellie's on-the-record comments were that he needed to go there, but that he may not need to stay there. And that he has the financial means to walk away from the job. It's pretty much two-plus-two from there that if he walks away he is walking away from the contract, too.
Didn't he have all the financial means to walk away from Dallas too, a few years ago...?

Quote:
Nellie had been fired several times before, so that's not the first place I would look. And Cuban had been stealing face from Nellie for a good two or three years prior to the "resignation."
Please explain what you mean by Cuban stealing face from Nellie. From what I know, they are both equally guilty of ruining that relationship!

Quote:
If Cuban were a man of honor, he would have fired Nelson and spent the money rather than keeping Nelson around and undermining him at every turn.
I don't see how Cuban tried to undermine Nellie at all. He did make a huge mistake of not matching PHX's offer to Nash... and I'm sure he had enough discussions with Nellie and Donnie before he determined what Nash's market value was. Outside of that, can you name one thing that he did to undermine Nellie?!

Quote:
If Nellie were dishonorable, he would have got back at Cuban by undermining the team. But instead Nellie groomed his replacement and demonstrated Johnson's competence enough so that Cuban was able to make the move he always wanted to make.

Remember, if Cuban said no to the money, Nellie was going to continue to do the job he signed up to do.
I'll give that to you. Nellie certainly was kind enough to groom his replacement rather than leave the team in total disarray. For that, I'll always respect him.

Finally, if Cuban said no to the money, Nellie 'said' he was going to continue to do the job... but as we all know, he had already quit on the team long before that! He just threw an ultimatum at Cuban: Pay me and you can have Avery coaching the team to order and potential wins... OR pay me anyways and you could have me coaching the team to confusion and potential losses!!

What do you think Cuban should have done?!
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote