Thread: To all GSW fans
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2007, 02:41 PM   #43
come_on_now

come_on_now is a jewel in the roughcome_on_now is a jewel in the roughcome_on_now is a jewel in the roughcome_on_now is a jewel in the roughcome_on_now is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by She_Growls
Nellie compromsied himself when he allowed his GSW players to conduct themselves like thugs. I was shocked to see him carry-on in their huddle during the pre-games. I don't ever recall Nellie behaving this way with his Mavericks. In fact, he denounced such behavior by the Mavericks, to the point of disallowing Antoine Walker to do the "shimmy" on the floor. I guess Nellie's standards were lowered when his only "motive was to stick it to Mark Cuban and the Mavericks." Now that GSW is out of the playoffs, where is his motivation? He's ready to play golf and BDiddy will conduct practice....Sounds familiar.
Well, I think the thugish mentality of the team is what gave them their little "military burn" push. Nellie knew that's all they really had to beat teams. They are undisciplined in their execution, in their minds, and with the ball.

Nellie was doing the only thing he thought would work. He's not as dumb as he looks and he knew that "military burn" soaks up the fuel quick. This is why they got blasted out of the 2nd round and couldn't win a single elimination game.

A lot of the downplaying he did about his team prior to the playoffs was a psychological thing but it was also very true and he knew it. He knew a team like that had a very, very, very low chance of going all the way and he knew Boozer would rock their world pretty good.
come_on_now is offline   Reply With Quote