View Single Post
Old 05-17-2007, 11:47 PM   #140
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
If you'll read up in the thread, I stated that it was not completely out of the question that we could aquire Billups by a sign and trade.

But a sign and trade is not really, "breaking the bank", as Smoove stated he thought would happen. Based on Smoove's opening post, it's obvious he thought we could just go give Billups a max contract, or something close to it. He never mentioned a trade.

That what all this is about. I don't think anyone has said it's completely impossible that the Mavs could get Billups. As I said, I laid out the possibility of a sign and trade earlier in the thread.
I noticed that you said that. That's true. But I also noticed that other people used language like "100% impossible," or something like that, that Billups could end up here.

I'll agree that it's highly unlikely that Billups ends up here. Yet, I also see how it could happen. And I also think that giving Billups a max contract would be tantamount to "breaking the bank."