View Single Post
Old 05-18-2007, 12:18 AM   #9
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
I think you're misinterpreting this thread a bit.

The possibility of a sign and trade was mentioned SEVERAL times in MANY different posts (# 3, 18, 50, 53, 54, 56, 60, 68, 69, 81, 82, 86, 110, 113).

But its late, and I'm tired.

If there are posts in here that said acquiring Billups was impossible under any and all circumstances, I missed them.

Besides,....

"You still dont get it, because you just proved my point that we COULD get Billups w/o trading for him. That is my whole point."

And that's a direct quote from you-know-who.
I know that he started the thread with the idea that we could just throw a max money offer at Billups.

However, I also waded through a good page or two about how a sign-and-trade wasn't feasible because Detroit would have to play ball with it and so on.

If the kid is right about our having an interest in Billups, there's a way it could happen--notwithstanding that he didn't at the outset know exactly what way.