View Single Post
Old 05-18-2007, 08:22 AM   #144
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov
If the Mavs decide to break the bank this off-season and keep the core intact, then I say break the bank on Billips. He brings toughness, defense, leadership, big shot taker and will post guards down low.

I think Billips is the best fit for the Mavs coming from the free agency market. If we get Billips, then I say get a true SG for Harris. Maybe trade Harris for Maggette.

Take a look at this and tell me what you think:

1. Billips-------PG
2. Howard----SG
3. Magette----SF
4. Dirk--------PF
5. Damp/Diop--Center

Now look at the bench...Terry/Stack/Diop/DJ and company.

I really like this line-up if we are not going to get rid of Dirk or Howard. I see this line-up winning it all. I see Billips being the on-floor leader that we are missing, plus his experience and toughness would be nice, plus I think Billips would be an Avery guy.
Chum,
Here is the thread starter. As you see Mary and company went from this thread. Now how can ANYONE say otherwise? It is simple Mary went about twisting words and posts from there. First calling me the creditxpert person, then it became I dont know the CBA, to I dont know that we CANT spend money and get Billups. Then, when I said, that since some wanted to make "Break the bank" mean whatever they want, then all of a sudden I was stupid for talking about the rumors that are floating around here. Next Jhig talked about how Mary was the expert and I should apologize to her because I am wrong. That is simply stupid, because my thread is NOT wrong. Then all of a sudden Mary posts that she just knows the basics when I called her on it.

Then back Mary went to name-calling, insults, word spelling checks and etc. That is when a couple of more joined in. Which was not right because I said nothing wrong, and none of us know the CBA in the sense that it all works. If we want to play with the word speller, everyone here makes mistakes with spelling words and whatnots here, even on some of the posts in this thread were wrong, but then a couple of people who were making fun, forgot that they misspelled words and phrases as well. I did not stoop to that level and mocked them back. I left it alone. Dtownfinest also talked about the buzz going on here in Dallas as well about getting Billups.

I dont know how we could get Billups, but if we do it will cost us no matter what, because there is no way that I feel that the Pistons will take long-term contracts from anyone for Billups. Reason being is that I dont think that any NBA team will offer the Superstar type of player for Billups, knowing that the Pistons are in a bad situation because Billups can opt out and Pistons get nothing in return.

The point is simple. The Mavs may go after Billups and attain him in some sort of way. There are many options out there that Cuban MAY have, I dont know them or claim to know them, but something has to be brewing with Cuban because of all the buzz here.