The Shins - Oh, Inverted World
Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
Interpol - Turn on the Bright Lights
Tom Waits - Alice
The Mars Volta - De-Loused in the Comatorium
White Stripes - White Blood Cells, De Stijl, Elephant
Arcade Fire - Funeral
Sufjan Stevens - Illinois

and that's off the top of my head. There are a ton of better albums out there, and I used to be a big LP fan.
You could argue that about half of those bands you listed have the exact same sound...and I know it's obvious that indie rock is the only kind of music that matters and is supposedly "cool," (even though the majority of the music listening population has never heard of the bands nor their music), but your list only holds up to the readers of Spin and Rolling Stone, even including the token reference to Radiohead and Outkast to make it seem justifiable.

I know hating nu-metal, rap/rock bands is in right now, but the fact remains everyone and their mom bought a copy of Hybrid Theory when it came out, and there has been nothing before or after that sounds anything like it. But ya know, different strokes for different folks...

Back to the point of the thread...Gym Class Heroes - As Cruel As School Children
"Well we're all getting excited to see this fight. The Albany branch is working right through lunch to prevent downsizing, but Michael - he decided to extend lunch by an hour so we can all go down to the dojo and watch him fight Dwight."
I_am_Queens_Blvd is offline   Reply With Quote