View Single Post
Old 05-20-2007, 09:28 PM   #14
DelNegro

DelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousSummer
The mission: Address the three main weaknesses of last year's Mavs without destroying the core of the team (that's Dirk, Howard & Harris IMHO).

Step 1:

Trade the trade exception received for Anthony Johnson plus a 2nd round pick for Sarunas Jasikevicius. Jasikevicius hasn't and won't play in Golden State, so this deal saves Golden State a little money and offers them some value in a 2nd round pick, either this year or next year.
Step 1 doesn't work. The trade exception from the Johnson trade isn't big enough to cover Jasikevicius' salary.

Everything else was well thought out, although personally I'd avoid Zach Randolph like the plague if I were the Mavs. But I'm a Spurs fan so you therefore have my full endorsement of the idea. Randolph's a great talent, but he's not a team player, nor an intelligent one.
DelNegro is offline   Reply With Quote