View Single Post
Old 05-21-2007, 11:08 AM   #58
DelNegro

DelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crippler
yeah, you are probably right about shipping Dan Tony out first if it is those two who do have the problem. What about if it is Nash and Amare though? What do the suns do in that case? Don't know where I read it, but I think I read something about Amare not being pleased with the fact that Nash gets all of the credit and he getting the leftovers. We know where the coach's loyalties lie. How about the GM?

Probably all speculation, but it's fun to talk about.
I have a hard time visioning anyone having a problem with a player as unselfish as Nash. But for sake of conversation, if there were a rift between Nash and Amare then the Suns would be pretty much F'd because they can't get rid of either of those guys. They wouldn't be anywhere close to as good as they are now without Nash, but you've got to look at the future and 5 years from now Amare's entering his prime and Nash is going to be close to being finished. I think Suns mgmt would be forced to try and walk that tightrope ala the lakers with Shaq and Kobe. Keep them together and just hope that you can win games because winning tends to cure all ailments.

If I had to guess I think the Suns chemistry problem lies somewhere in the middle of the Amare-Marion-Diaw triangle. We know Amare's got an ego, and Marion has complained about touches in the past. Not to mention Marion's rumored to get traded each and every year so that's got to wear on a guy. Diaw excelled when Amare was out and Amare's return has pretty much squeezed him out of the big picture so he's got a reason to feel bitchy too. I can also very easily see Nash and Raja Bell not being too tolerant of petty bickering between teammates and not being afraid to tell them about it to their faces.
DelNegro is offline   Reply With Quote