View Single Post
Old 05-23-2007, 03:55 PM   #86
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeball
Several things I heard / saw --

1. He went up to USC's Tim Floyd and said .. "I think I'll play here." and left
2. During his last HS game he threw ball off backboard dunked it (after they were up by alot) and then threw ball into the stands.

He is VERY COCKY. I do not like him.
This article right here also paints a picture of a guy with a very large ego: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/21/sp...tmUVVOqH6SXwmQ

Here is an excerpt from the conversation between Floyd and his handler:

Quote:
A stranger walked into the University of Southern California basketball office one day last summer and asked to speak to the head coach. The stranger did not make an appointment. He did not call ahead. Tim Floyd, the U.S.C. head coach, cannot explain why he agreed to see him.

“O. J. wanted me to come here today,” the man told Floyd. “He wanted me to figure out who you are.”

“Why aren’t you at Arizona or Connecticut?” Floyd recalled asking.

The man explained that Mayo wanted to market himself before going to the N.B.A., and that Los Angeles would give him the best possible platform.

“Then why aren’t you at U.C.L.A.?” Floyd asked.

The man shook his head. U.C.L.A. had already won 11 national championships. It had already produced many N.B.A. stars. Mayo wanted to be a pioneer for a new era.

“Let me call him,” Floyd said.

The man shook his head again. “O. J. doesn’t give out his cell,” he said. “He’ll call you.”
From his later conversation with Floyd:

Quote:
Mayo went through the priority list in his mind. “Don’t worry about recruiting,” he said. “I’ll take care of it.”

Before Floyd hung up, he asked one more time for Mayo’s cellphone number. “No,” Mayo said. “I’ll call you.”

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 05-23-2007 at 04:15 PM.
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote