View Single Post
Old 05-27-2007, 02:30 AM   #19
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktruth
I don't think Amare is much without Nash's passes. He won't be as good on another team. Marion would be.
Amare and Marion were very good without Nash, and in the games he missed this year Amare stepped it up big time. Amare is able to create for himself much better than Marion, so I think Marion going to another team would be worse for him than Amare's going to another team would be for him. I think there's no reason why Amare couldn't be the focal point of the offense on another team and still average his 20 and 10. Marion I'm not so sure about. He relies on Nash finding him on his cuts to the basket, the alley-oops, the passes on the fast break etc. This statement is way too simple of one, and doesn't make much sense, at least to me.

That being said, I don't see why the Suns would trade Amare. He and Nash are the main parts of this team, and without either one of them they take a big step backward. I could see Marion or Diaw being traded, but Nash, Amare, and Barbosa will be staying.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."

Last edited by nashtymavsfan13; 05-27-2007 at 02:32 AM.
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote