View Single Post
Old 04-26-2001, 05:34 PM   #36
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

I think it would be amusing if the Mavs made a hard push for Jacque Vaughn... he would fit in really well here, and the Mavs could start a tradition of stealing second-string point guards from Utah. I am also a big fan of the Chris Whitney kid who was in charge for a limited time in Washington... he averaged like 14 points and 9 assists in 15 or so games started while Strickland was hurt, until he got hurt himself. He's one of the better kept secrets in the league... And I think I would still be very happy with Jeff Foster coming here.

Let's not be unfair to Eisley... in his games started, Eisley averaged points in double-figures, shot in the mid-40% range, and was in the top twenty in the league in three-point field goal percentage. Eisley's late-season slump has coincided entirely with his reduced minutes since the Juwan Howard trade, and his reduced role in the offense... The guys still got plenty of talent, and he's still a great shooter, I don't give a crap what his statistics indicate. He could still flourish in another system, most likely one that doesn't fastbreak too much...

I like almost all of madape's suggestions, but I would point out that guys like Vin Baker and Derrick Coleman are potential poisons for close teams like the Mavs, and I'd stay away from them. I would like Big Country here though...

Bill Curley will be free to rejoin us after this year...