View Single Post
Old 06-02-2007, 12:46 AM   #10
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterChaffy
Well. I just moved here. Who else lives here? What should I do? I don't know too many people, so I've cooped myself up a little bit so far, because I'm lame. Help me be not so lame.

Best Restaurants (Not ridiculously expensive)? East side cafe (on Manor, east side of 35 about a half mile??? from the freeway), Z Tejas (is relatively expensive for Mexican, but good times)..... there are just alot of good restaurants.... if you just want a sandwich go to Thundercloud subs. If you like Mexican, one of my favorites was Trudy's (the one off of 31 1/2, not the souped up one down south) at least to sit back and watch a game at and eat okay cheap food, El Arroyo is alright (on 5th).
Best Places to watch Mavs games (I found out this is Spur Country, grrrr....)? Good luck with all of that.
Best Bars? Freemos (Emo's - we used to call it freemos because they were the only place around 6th that would have a live band and no cover - but I hear they do have a cover now)
Best Other Attractions? Zilker park.... there are also tons of frisbee golf courses, town lake, Bat bridge.... you name it they've got it. There's also Leslie that hangs out in front of Starbucks at 6th and Congress every morning that you must go visit.
Answers in bold...