View Single Post
Old 06-24-2002, 06:00 PM   #18
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

<< Disagree Dooby. In the first round, no question that you draft best player available, but in the second round (especially late secound), you have got to plug holes.

Sure there are some possible second round &quot;steals&quot; but the idea of one player being better than another is a &quot;wash&quot;.... that is why you have to draft the second round based on need.
>>

Bayliss, I think this is crazy-talk.

If a guy is capable of making an impact in the league in his first year, he will likely go in the first round. If he isn't going to make an impact, then how can you draft for need?

Now if you want to say that the difference b/w 2 players is a &quot;wash&quot;, then take the bigger guy. Fine. I will live with that. But I think the notion of taking a big man and praying he developes when there is a guy who is 4 inches shorter who is more likely to play in the NBA is ludicrous.

Too many guards who can play is a nice problem to have. We don't even have that problem. So drafting for need would be silly.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote