View Single Post
Old 06-13-2007, 01:53 PM   #61
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male26Dan
He gets you 200 hits every year and has pretty much guaranteed you a .310 and up BA for the past 5 years, (he will get there again this year). He doesn't walk much, but when the game is on the line he has been very clutch over the years. His defense is not in the Gold Glove area but he definitely is no slouch there either. With that said, he IS a good leader and has been very vocal in the offseason trying to help acquire talent. He is a good guy and an All-Star 2nd baseman. He will bring enough in a trade to pull the trigger. I don't want him here anyway. He deserves better.

Regarding Blalock, like I said earlier, you probably have to keep him and let him put up numbers again similar to last year or MAYBE, SOMEHOW, the year before, but I still would trade him if you got a good enough offer.
I like young alot but he is much like ichiro a product of americas over infatuation with ba which is not as important as some think(though more important than some pure obp guys think) Young is a good but not great hitter with very little defensive range. Hes never had an ops(the best measure of a hitter over 900 and hes never hadan 850 ops outside of his career year. hes a career 793 ops guy. the problem is that he flat out doesnt walk. its no coincidence that his career year was the year he had the most walks in about 40 fewer abs thanthe two years sandwiched around it. Hes a good player but hes not the great player many rangers fans think he is. Hes a borderline top 10 ss in baseball. He is however a top 5 (easily) second basemen.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote