View Single Post
Old 06-18-2007, 03:30 PM   #71
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Zoidberg
From Kobe´s Website:

The Truth: A new road ahead

Wassup y'all ...

Man, today is one of those surreal days for me and my family. When you love something as much as I love the Lakers its hard to even imagine thinking about being elsewhere. But, the ONE THING I will never sacrifice when it comes to basketball is WINNING. That is plain and simply what it's all about. It's in my DNA. It's what pushes me to work as hard as I do. It's my daily passion and pursuit.

The more I thought about the future, the more I became convinced that the Lakers and me just have two different visions for the future. The Lakers are pursuing a longer-term plan that is different from what Dr. Buss shared with me at the time I re-signed as a free agent. I have seen that plan unfold for the last three years and watched great trade opportunities come and go, and have seen free agents passed on. That has led to the Lakers not winning a playoff series. All of that was frustrating in itself, but then, this week to have someone "inside" the Laker organization try to blame me in the media for us not being a contender right now -- that is what brought me to my current position today.

I want it to be clear that I still love, with all my heart, the Laker Legacy. From Mikan to West to Goodrich to Wilt to Kareem to Magic. That will never change. And the support my family and I have gotten from Lakers fans is undeniably the best. I will also always believe that.

But, now there is a new road ahead. I am gonna keep grindin and keep workin to get back to competing for Championships. Sometimes the trek up the mountain is tough. But, I know we'll get there.

Strength and Honor,
Kobe

http://news.kb24.com/#311
http://www.dailynews.com/sports/ci_6166223

Kobe's old is all new
BY RICH HAMMOND, Staff Writer
Article Last Updated: 06/17/2007 09:36:49 PM PDT

Any words from Kobe Bryant are treated as gold. Even when those words are 18 days old, it seems.

In a story filed Sunday afternoon, the Associated Press referenced a blog posting made by Bryant on his official Web site, in which Bryant strongly implied a disconnect with the Lakers and a desire to be traded.

The blog statement seemed to reflect published reports this week that Bryant met with team owner Dr. Jerry Buss in Spain and reiterated his demand to leave the Lakers this summer.

The problem is, Bryant's statement was initially posted May30.

Bryant posted his blog that evening, after his whirlwind sports-talk radio tour in which he first demanded to be traded, then seemingly rescinded his demand. The statement has remained near the top of Bryant's Web site for almost threeweeks, the date of its posting changed periodically for no apparent reason.

Several sports Web sites, and at least one local newspaper's Web site, picked up the AP story, the latest bizarre twist in what has become an all-Kobe, all-the-time media circus.

Published reports this week indicated that Bryant and Buss, both on vacation in Europe this month, met in Spain and that Bryant once again said he wished to be traded.

Bryant, Buss and all associated have been publicly quiet since the start of this month. The Lakers continue to pursue possible trades, most notably for Indiana's Jermaine O'Neal, that might appease Bryant.

Trade talks are expected to continue at a strong pace in advance of the June 28 NBA draft.

Rumors have persisted that Bryant might be traded to an Eastern Conference team, with Chicago and New York topping the list of prospective teams, but the Lakers have yet to explore a possible trade.

Last edited by StackAttack; 06-18-2007 at 03:31 PM.
StackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote