View Single Post
Old 06-20-2007, 02:56 PM   #166
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog
for one, the "30% reduction" you mention is the federal budget amount, which i believe does not include the war in iraq...so add another couple billion to that sum.
I'm looking at actual spending, not budgets.

Quote:
so no, unless you advocate to reduce our military equipment purchases, or the pay levels for our armed forces, or to stop constructing highways, or stop the provision of public health services, or to stop scientific research grants, etc.......where are you going to cut federal spending the 30% you and ron paul advocate?
Is this supposed to be a trick question? I'd think pulling out of Iraq would pretty well take of our miltary equipment spending, and take alot off pressure of pay levels for armed forces.

at any rate, I rather like the idea of cutting or eliminating all that you've mentioned, and you haven't even mentioned the Department of Education.

Quote:
add into the equation the fact that the 2001 price index is about 15% less than the 2007 price index, so let's add a few billion more to that amount. 1994 price levels? forgetaboutit.
good point...inasmuch as that 15% reduction in the value of your dollar is a product of deficit spending and the monetary expansion, perhaps we should consider the elmination of the Federal Reserve while we're at it?

Cheers

Last edited by alexamenos; 06-20-2007 at 03:05 PM.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote