View Single Post
Old 06-20-2007, 04:21 PM   #169
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos
I'm looking at actual spending, not budgets.
you should read ron paul's proposal more closely...

Quote:
Is this supposed to be a trick question? I'd think pulling out of Iraq would pretty well take of our miltary equipment spending, and take alot off pressure of pay levels for armed forces.
most of the spending on Iraq is "off budget".

the costs of iraq are large, but so are the ships and airplanes we procure, which of course will not end if the iraq conflcit goes away.

and then when the iraq conflict stops, we'll need to replenish the stores of weapons we used over there, the guns, the ammo, the materials we typically have in reserve.

Quote:
at any rate, I rather like the idea of cutting or eliminating all that you've mentioned, and you haven't even mentioned the Department of Education.
the dept of education budget for 2006 was a tad less than $90 billion, so you're not even a third of the way there..

why one would advocate reducing the support for educating our youth is beyond me. talk about a shortsighted position...let's NOT educate our youth! that's a GREAT plan for our future competitiveness and prosperity, let me tell ya!

Quote:
good point...inasmuch as that 15% reduction in the value of your dollar is a product of deficit spending and the monetary expansion, perhaps we should consider the elmination of the Federal Reserve while we're at it?

Cheers
oh, that dastardly federal reserve must have manipulated the commodity markets around the world to increase the costs!

there are few economists who agree with the convoluted idea put forth by you and ron paul, which is that the federal reserve increased inflation rather than what they actually succeeded in doing, reducing inflation...

Last edited by Mavdog; 06-20-2007 at 04:22 PM.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote