View Single Post
Old 06-20-2007, 04:25 PM   #170
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsluggo
well.....

payroll taxes are the direct contributions to Social Security, right...? so those should't really be in the whole discussion, since it is supposed to be an isolated trust fund, not related to overall general federal spending (CERTAINLY not in a discussion of government REVENUE, although the grubby hands certainy raid this cookie jar frequently enough)
well.....dollars are fungible, so saying this dollar goes to that thing while that other dollar goes to the other thing is rather useless. In my view, payroll taxes are income taxes, Social Security payments are welfare benefits, and everything else is accounting and semantic gimickry.

Quote:
In my opinion tax cuts without matching spending cuts are the ABSOLUTE PINACLE of lazy incompetent populist pussy-ass governing. (not holding my breath, though.)
Absolutely. A government taxes what it spends, without question. The politicians who tout tax cuts on one hand and while delivering spending increases on the other are low-lifes more deserving of castration than elected office.

(Not that I'm referring to any actual politicians alive and serving today, just hypothetically you understand.)