View Single Post
Old 06-25-2002, 02:59 PM   #44
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

<< kg... where's the interior defense going to come from? >>

The exact quote regarding Nelson was this:

<< &quot;Nelson wants to move Raef LaFrentz from center to power forward and Dirk Nowitzki from power forward to small forward. Nelson believes that should solve the team's rebounding woes.&quot; >>

And that was the point of my prior post: that moving to a bigger lineup helps to solve the club's rebounding problems even before any new pieces are added. I think Bradley playing more consistently, especially alongside Raef, could help the interior defense substantially, but since I hate to pin any hopes on the Death Stick, I'd say that interior defensive help must still be acquired, likely in the form of one or more of the many guys we've discussed in numerous prior threads. For example, imagine if you could run this lineup out there:

Olowokandi - Bradley
LaFrentz - Najera
Nowitzki - Griffin
Finley - TAW
Nash - NVE

I like the looks of that a lot, and you'd certainly have a nice rebounding team with that unit. I bet if Nellie can land Olowokandi, or even Keon Clark (insert his name for Olowokandi above), he'll keep NVE around rather than dealing him. I'm torn on whether that's a good idea or not.