View Single Post
Old 06-26-2007, 11:48 PM   #110
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubOverdose
And you're shitting your pants about a rumor. Sure, the team looks good on paper, but we all know many teams that appear great on paper aren't actually that great. Was Detroit better than the Lakers on paper? Heat better than the Mavs? Warriors better than Mavs? Some random international teams v. Team USA? By your estimations, I'd assume you think the Clippers are going to dominate the league. They have a damn good player at every position. Oh yeah, I forgot, they didn't even make the playoffs. There's a reason NBA games are played on hardwood and not paper.
Um... Remember dub - you are subtracting ONLY Marion from a team that was already pretty outstanding and adding Garnett. This isn't a newly remade team here. Then you are ultimately adding Grant Hill and any other vet that wants in on the ride. Sure, call it shitting my pants for a rumor if you would like slick, but if the trade goes down you better believe you will be shitting yours.

Oh and thiggy, keep telling yourself that they only get marginally better with this trade. KG was efficient as HELL and that was on a team full of junk. Now he has a two time MVP passing to him with Amare to prevent double-teams. Imagine KG NOT getting double-teamed. Yeah, marginally better. Marginally my ass.