View Single Post
Old 07-01-2007, 01:23 PM   #191
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

I guess it is which report one wants to use to further their position.

google"himalayan glaciers" and up comes reports from national geographic, world wildlife federation, and the nepalese government that state the glaciers are indeed shrinking.

do the same for "Mount Kilimanjaro ice cap" and low and behold you get reports from universities and national geographic that agree with al gore the ice caps are truly retreating.

the above article says greenland is indeed the ice sheet is thinning; it just wants to sy that it isn't as "rapid" as gore makes out.

it's easy to say that there isn't a need to react to the global warming trend in a forceful a way a gore is advocating. however it is impossible to NOT agree that there is a warming trend in our planet's atmosphere.

so do we just put our head in the sand and hope for the best, or do we act in a responsible manner and adjust our actions which contribute to this warming trend to lessen its severity and perhaps its affects?

a responsible, thoughful person would say the latter.

me, I weigh in on being proactive and responsible.

which do you want to be?

Last edited by Mavdog; 07-01-2007 at 01:23 PM.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote