View Single Post
Old 07-01-2007, 10:48 PM   #82
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom
I think the first Die Hard is the best action movie of all-time, because I really think it was the first successful (critically and financially) popcorn movie with a one-liner-delivering, flawed, reluctant hero who people can't help but love. Is the new one as good as the first? Not by any stretch of my imagination (though everyone is definitely welcome to their own opinion) but is it a really fun action movie with a lot of funny dialogue and cool action scenes? I'd definitely say yes. I'd probably rank the DH movies in this order:
1.) Die Hard
2.) Die Hard With a Vengeance
3.) Live Free or Die Hard
4.) Die Harder (seriously, WTF is up with this movie's story/title? brutality to the max)

with the second movie being a distant fourth. I really enjoyed the new one, despite its noticably frequent overdubbing (likely to ensure that it would get the PG13 rating) and it's something I'll buy on DVD and watch again pretty regularly.

Edit: sorry for how much of a jumbled mess that was.. multitasking leaves my thoughts looking frazzled.
I must say that I really enjoyed the second Die Hard movie... much moreso than the third. Honestly, the first two are in regular rotation as 'default movies' (movies that you watch when there's nothing new to watch). The third movie, I've seen it maybe twice and will probably never see it again.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote