View Single Post
Old 07-10-2007, 11:16 AM   #86
DelNegro

DelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by StackAttack
As per angryllama from LMF, talking heads in Charlotte seem to think he's Dallas-bound:

"I just spent some time in the Western Carolinas and imbibed the local sports while I was there. I found it interesting to know that the locals seem to think that Gerald Wallace is all but gone.

Where to?

Your Dallas Mavericks.

We have a typically pessimistic bunch here in the metroplex that seems to thrive off of doubt and self-loathing, but a slow-cooked, savory jaunt to the Appalachians helps one to gain a bit of perspective.

While discussing the Gerald Wallace situation, local talking heads seem to think that Wallace would be rather foolish to spurn Cuban and the Mavs, even if it only brings the MLE in return. They seem to think that its pretty much a done deal that GWallace flies out of Charlotte to land at DFW in the very near future.

What I found particularly funny is the aw-shucks giddiness that the local talk radio hosts displayed in lavishing praise both on Cuban and the Dallas Mavericks organization. They really want to be like Uncle Dallas when they grow up.

So...is Wallace soon to be a Mav? A strong, forceful clean-up offensive player who can defend athletic 3's / 4's in the post would be a great addition. He would help to bring the team rebounding proficiency up on both ends.

Say YES to Gerald Wallace in '07."
I'll play the percentages and say that Wallace does not decide to turn down $60+ mil from the Bobcats to take half that amount from the Mavs.
DelNegro is offline   Reply With Quote