View Single Post
Old 07-11-2007, 01:48 PM   #28
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The source told the Chicago Tribune on Tuesday that two intruders wearing masks and covering their eyes entered through the garage at Walker's home Monday evening. One held a weapon, likely a small handgun, to Walker's head.

The intruders ordered Walker into his house, where they wrapped duct tape around his ankles and wrists. Walker was able to extricate himself from the tape after the robbery.
That's frightening stuff, indeed.

I think this an appropriate time to distinguish the "sports world" from the "real world" - but that's just my opinion.

ETA: I don't have a problem with people making "jokes" about any subject really. If you want to fire off the 9/11 Joke Series, the Pearl Harbor Jokes Series, or the Laci Peterson Joke Series, I'm not one to scoff at people using humor to deal with a stituation. Now, whether those jokes are actually funny, is a completely different story. But nonetheless, the situation itself, is still not funny and I think alot of times people are too quick to take a cavalier attitude towards violence in general. I think that was MT's original point, and its a point that should've been easily conceded. Anyway, that's my opinion...maybe I'm being preachy or whatever...its what I believe.

Done with this thread.

(P.S...sorry if I'm sounding cranky)

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 07-11-2007 at 02:23 PM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote