View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 03:51 AM   #94
ilMavvento

ilMavvento is a jewel in the roughilMavvento is a jewel in the roughilMavvento is a jewel in the roughilMavvento is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
I pump literally thousands of dollards into this franchise a year, and I know what's going on. And yes, the farm system is dry. This Grossman kid might be something, but other than that, none of the wingers in development can put the puck in the net.

They have not produced anything of value since morrow. Miettinen: bust, Jokkinen: bust, Eriksson: bust, Lessard: bust. Chris Conner: yeah we'll see, but probably bust.

Meanwhile, the damned red wings have SIXTH ROUND PICKs lik Zetterberg just murdering people out there. We traded our picks for guys like Nagy, who we promptly let go.
Grossman, Fistric, Vishnevskiy, and Niskanen on D are all making serious strides to the NHL. Grossman should be full time, Fistric will likely get some call-ups, and if the D wasn't already so solid Niskanen would be seriously challenging for a spot already. As for forwards, Neal just finished tearing up juniors and is looking like a serious goal-scoring force. Lindgren is a year away and is the next Finnish playmaker. Pushkarev will likely get a shot at some point this year and is extremely skilled with the puck. Polak, Sertich, Conner, and Lessard are all quality players that can fill in when called upon. Centers in the lower levels are often moved to wing if a spot is available like Jokinen did in his first year.

Miettinen and Jokinen are busts? What kind of crazy criteria do you have for 7th and 6th round picks? Zetterberg is the enormous exception to the rule. Look through Detroit's drafting history. It's not that great. If they were some drafting powerhouse do you think their team would still be the oldest in the league?

I would also consider Daley "something of value".

The histrionics come across as incredibly jaded. Over the past 10 years the Stars have a record of 465-233-90-32 and a Cup. How many other teams can say that?
ilMavvento is offline   Reply With Quote