View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 08:23 AM   #95
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

They haven't been holding onto to Miettinen because he's developed his checking and defensive game (which he has), they've been holding onto him because they were hoping he'd be a 30 goal guy.

Early last season he was taking more shots than anyone. Lots and lots of shots. It didn't get him anything at all, and he faded. I don't know that his PIMs went up, but it sure felt like he was always taking one at a bad time.

Jokkinen, ok, he produces. He needs to shoot the damned puck more. He always defers to whoever he's with, which might be a product of playing so much with Mo and Lehts, but he showed flashes of having some good stuff while playing center with Hagman late last season. I wouldn't mind seeing that Fin line back together next year with those 3.

Both are "of value" for the price we've been paying. But neither turned into the pure goal scoring guy that they thought. And the playoff performances speak for themselves.

You're right about Daley. I love that guy. I like his offensive upside. I think he might take more chances this year, but not if they play him with Zubov.

I look forward to seeing Fistric this year a little. I have no idea about that guy.

Grossman made phenomenal progress last year. I remember the first time he played in a game last year...he was all over the place and took a bad penalty I think. Later in the season,he looked confident and less like a liability.