View Single Post
Old 07-17-2007, 01:08 PM   #17
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arne
Nothing wrong about the war in Afghanistan except for the tiny little fact that we couldn't finish it properly because someone was trying to start a senseless war in Iraq that required thousands and thousands of soldiers who could've finished the war in afghanisthan properly.

Yes the UN did vote like that but the UN didn't legitimize the war in Iraq. This brings me to my next point - the UN inspectors said that they had no evidence for the existence of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.

So if you want to say that the UN excepted this needless war than you're clearly wrong. and if you want to say that these UN resolutions were a reason for the US to start this war then I have to ask: Why do you think did they listen to the UN on this point whereas they didn't listen to the UN inspectors?

How many times did we have to hear "weapons of mass destruction"? How many times did the Bush administration speak of evidence that Saddam had to do with Al Qaeda? How many times? If that wasn't fear-mongering what then are you gonna call fear-mongering.

Thank you, i totally agree and couldn't have said it better. I had to leave my tv off for a few months because the words ringing in my ears, weapons of mass destruction and mission accomplished.

I thought the mission was to find and get Bin Laden. Did i miss something? They had him trapped and let him go. What would this administation have if they ever lost the fear factor? The fear mongering but now from even his Republican friends, he use to have, is fadding.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote