View Single Post
Old 07-18-2007, 04:48 PM   #6
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
I think BSR has secretly became tired of the Spurs and the Mavs are his new favorite team.
No matter how you slice it, no championship is as sweet as the first. That's because up until then you wonder whether or not you'll EVER win a title. That doesn't mean the second championship is gravy, because the novelty is still there. It's just as exhilarating, the only difference is there wasn't that fear factor as there was before the first one. The third one gives you your first sense of dominance, and makes you wonder if you qualify as a dynasty. So by the fourth one, you feel almost a sense of entitlement to the championship, and winning it all just gives a sigh of relief more than anything.

My dad is a Yankees fan, and although his team was long past their first championship, as of 1996 they hadn't won since 1978. The night they pulled off the upset (the Braves were heavily favored in '96, remember? They were down 0-2 heading INTO Atlanta for three games), he was jumping around and he got all emotional. For the second one in '98, he still got pretty giddy, but by the fourth in 2000 he wasn't even smiling. He just pumped his fists as if he simply expected to see nothing short of domination.

The Spurs achieved as much as they possibly could have this season. It just wasn't as valuable as it would have been to some other team with no prior championships.

I don't care how many titles the Spurs win. I just want to see Dirk hoist the trophy once. Not that I wouldn't appreciate more of course...
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote