View Single Post
Old 07-22-2007, 09:13 AM   #10
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

I agee that the epilogue was pretty bad. In fact, it may be the worst thing rowling's ever written. it was beyond cheesy.

but the rest of the book? Friggin' sweet. like someone said, the tone was completely different, with Harry/Ron/Hermione being in CONSTANT danger. And of course the feel was different because they weren't at hogwarts, like every other book was. At hogwarts, even when things went bad, there was still the feeling that they were safe...

so harry is a horcrux - take that flaco! anyway, i liked that voldy had no idea that his horcruxes were being destroyed. harry feeling him flip out when he couldn't find his horcruxes was pretty damn cool.

the dobby scene was also well done. it was emoitional. of course, that can't be in the movie because dobby was cut from all the others. speaking of the house-elves, i liked the story of regulus, how he drank the potion himself, rather than make kreacher do it.

the infiltration of the ministry and gringotts - also very well done. lots of polyjuice potion action.

The pensieve chapter was great, wrapped everything up. i thought the doe was somehow linked to lily potter, but didn't think of snape until the chapter started to reveal how close they were. and it of course confirmed what many of us thought here - that dumbledore wanted snape to kill him. to prevent draco from having to do it, and for a nice obi-wan moment.

Neville had some nice moments as well, hell, a lot of secondary characters had nice moments.

As for dumbledore cheating death, there was a lot of ambiguity surrounding whether the deathly hallows were actually items from Death. Also, I never got the impression that if you got all three, it would save you miraculously. I think you would just have all 3 items and their individual powers. It wasn't like the hallows were the voltron lions or constructicons, able to form a more powerful item.

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 07-22-2007 at 09:14 AM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote