View Single Post
Old 07-27-2007, 03:45 PM   #18
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice Post Janett...a few things I believe I disagree with you on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janett_Reno
I hope our next president goes after Bin Laden. I do not think we will abandon Afghanistan.
This I believe is wishful thinking. If we cannot stay in a country like Iraq that is clearly in our national interests I see no reason that we will stay in Afghanistan. As soon as we run from Iraq, Al Queda will re-focus on afghanistan. What is the national interest for staying there? Pakistan I expect will want to change their stance quite a bit as they would see no reason to stay on the side of the US.

Quote:
They probably are doing this where we will hurry and get out and then the stronger of all these will fight and take over in Iraq. This is going to happen if the Iraqi people do not unite and take up for themself. We have backed the Kurds and the Kurds up north are doing ok and dug in. They are also living ok up there without alot of bad going on. Just some things with Turkey. The Kurds will take care of themself(in the north). These people have fought and killed each other, within Iraq that can and will they ever fight together and take up for each other? They maybe would if the country was broke up into 3 sections.
I'm not exactly sure what point you are making about the kurds, except to say that they won't need our help? If we run from Iraq the kurds will be on their own there for both turkey as well as Al Queda and whatever monstrosity of a government comes of out that to deal with it. We certainly will not have the political will to combat someone to help them. Possibly bomb them, but I don't see that at all either.

If you are comparing Kurds to the rest of the iraqi's, the kurds don't have to live within Baghdad with sunni/shia and Al Queda murdering them. If you look at the civilian casualities for example before and after the bombing of the Grand Mosque it is striking. Al Queada IS a player in this and they have been ruthless, diablolical and smart with their terror. They are willing to kill anyone to get each other to fight and they've been successful at it.

Quote:
Most all and probably all Muslim countries do not want us there for an extended time. Maybe the Iraqi people. If some ask, why do they not want us there? I feel because they don't trust us and wonder what we are up to and feel we are up to evil and no good. Most have already decided we are helping and backing Israel in the big picture and they do not want us having bases in Iraq. It is hard for them to honestly think we over threw Sadam to help the Iraqi people and be free.
I disagree that they don't trust us in this. You are thinking that the stuff going on is due to the general populace of Iraq, it's not, it's al queda and other radicalized nuts. Again the people who stuck their finger in purple (at a great risk to getting it cut off) don't think we are there to stay imo.

Quote:
If they can close down borders or certain borders, they really need to do this as i feel it will help.
This I agree completely with and am at a loss as to why Iraq isn't completely closed off with overflying predators killing anyone sneaking into the country. Sorry, you don't come through a checkpoint, you get blown up.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote