View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 12:50 PM   #23
jmwilliamson

jmwilliamson will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by VivaNajera
if this deal does happen the C's better go out and sign Brevin Knight. He is one of the top assists guys in the league and would be a good compliment to the Big 3 out in beantown. You dont want Telfair as your starting PG
I believe they already cut or promised to cut Telfair after that last gun possession debacle.

And as for Josh Howard being better than Al Jefferson - nevermind that's debatable, and nevermind that Al Jefferson is 5 years younger. By trading Garnett to the Celtics they

a.) trade him out of their conference
b.) collect a gang of young talent in Al Jefferson, Rajon Rondo and Gerald Green.
c.) probably get better draft picks, because even as strong as the Celtics will be in the East I seriously doubt they'll compile a better record than the Mavs. And besides that, Garnett, Pierce and Allen are all in their early 30's. If just one of those guys breaks down the Celtics probably won't be very good.
d.) they get major cap relief in Theo Ratliff's expiring contract

Everything is there to make that a deal that makes sense. They trade their disgruntled superstar out of their conference, collect young talent + draft picks and acquire cap relief. I can understand you wishing KG to the Mavs were possible, but that's a better deal for the T-Wolves even if Josh Howard is better than Al Jefferson.

Jefferson + Foye + Gerald Green + Rajon Rondo isn't a bad start on a rebuilding process.

P.S. Just be glad he isn't getting traded to the Warriors, Lakers or Suns. That would be brutal.
jmwilliamson is offline   Reply With Quote