View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 09:55 AM   #18
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Most basic FIOS is 5/2.

I signed up when it first became available. I've got 15/5. But looking at Verizon's website yesterday I noticed that they don't even offer that anymore. Now the premium is 30/5. I am certain that soon you may be able to take advantage of that speed.... but right now FIOS users will attest that the benefits can't be fully realized because of the slowness of the sending side (your connection to a host is only as fast as your slowest link). Some obvious exceptions to this are... for instance... I downloaded the Longhorn beta last month and it took approximately 13 minutes (1.76GB).