View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 10:08 AM   #11
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Here is my take on it. Right now I believe that about half of the people in the US don't page any income taxes. (Top 50% pay 96.7% of federal income taxes). That means that they are natural democrat constituents. Hey not taxes, more bennies, etc. Dems want to get that number higher, even less paying any taxes.
This is the big number that nobody talks about. I don't care what your guiding principles are, if you're more conservative or liberal, one thing we should all be intelligent enough to agree upon is that we need to protect the economic health of the country to continue to improve the standard of living and keep people working.

If we get to a point where less than 50% of the people are paying 100% of the income taxes.. it's over.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote