View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 04:34 PM   #191
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos
I'll be durn....a fellow over at National Review (chief propaganda organ for the Republican Party) has written an article touting Ron Paul for the Republican Party nod. I never thought I'd see such a thing....

I'm raising my assessment of his chances from 2 or 3 in a million to 4 in a million, or one in a quarter million for the fractionally inclined.
this article had some good chuckles to it...

"Think about it: Clinton has already alienated the substantial antiwar faction of the Democratic party, while Ron Paul has inspired a supportive banner even at an anarchist rally full of hippies and punks, urging people to join the Ron Paul “love revolution.”

hillary has captured the anti-war faction fairly well, not alienated it, and the image of a bunch of "anarchist..hippies and punks" all chanting and rooting together for a political candidate (esp a republican) is truly funny to visualize.

"it’d sure be nice to have one pushing in a small-government conservative direction for the first time since Reagan, and arguably the first time since Coolidge."

that's pretty funny, calling reagan a "small government conservative".

thanks for the laugh alex...
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote