View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 01:53 PM   #6
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry_VIII
But look at all the money you'll save with the coupons!!! [/DMN salesman at my front door this weekend]
There actually is some truth to that if you use the right coupons. I don't clip every coupon for Tide, Colgate, salad dressing, whatever--generally find that I'd rather (a) stick with my preferred brand, and (b) I can't keep up with them anyway.

However, what we have saved a ton of money with in my house is the coupons for Joann's and Michael's--pretty much every week there's a 40% off any one item coupon. Only takes a couple $100 items at 40% off to pay for the paper for several years. Oil paints & canvases, among other things, are so incredibly expensive that we use those coupons just about every time and just buy one item (or a set) at a time there to maximize coupon usage.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote