View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007, 11:28 AM   #200
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog
there is the free trade agreement, but the conspiracy that ron paul and jones subscribe to is in the same league as the trilateralist mumbo jumbo....

apparently you agree with them, as for me I look at the blather of jones, and clearly ron paul as well, as borderline paranoid lunacy.

not the type of person to be in the white house and in charge of our executive branch.
it's an odd position you take....i really don't know what to make of it.

yes, there is a "free trade agreement"....

...and yes, there are plans to build highways from Mexico to Canada....

...and yes, there is disconnect between elite and common views on illegal aliens from Mexico...

and yes, there are people who advocate the creation of a common currency for N. America.....

and yes, the Council on Foreign Relations proposes "a more ambitious vision of a new community by 2010."

i don't know how seriously one should take the possibility of the creation of a North American Union, nor do I know whether such a thing would be inherently bad. But these things are happening and given the precedent set by the European Union I frankly don't understand why it is "borderline paranoid lunacy" to acknowledge these things.

Quote:
yes, i do believe that it is crazy to believe that the white house would attempt to provoke a tonkin-like episode with iran. the world is a different place, and the benefits that were obtained then wouldn't be realized today.
perhaps if you would itemize some of the benefits arising from the Gulf of Tonkin incident....

Quote:
btw, ron paul later flip flopped on this very idea, saying on fox news that he doesn't subscribe to the theory.
i didn't see any big flip flop there...I did see where the Fox anchor mis-characterized his position, and I can see how someone not familiar with important nuances of language and logic or someone relying upon the anchor's interpretation of his position could take this as a flip-flop.

it's interesting that folks are trying to smear Paul as a lunatic paranoid freak.....I actually think that's a positive development for him.

cheers