View Single Post
Old 09-02-2007, 11:24 PM   #6
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Dude, those are all very cool things. And I can get a sense of just how much you appreciate them. In other words, they have obviously been very effective in your case, as well as, I'm sure, the case of many others.

You do start to wonder, though, how genuine it all is, coming from a huckster non-paralleled such as Mark Cuban. I guess it's kinda like wondering if Karl Rove is really a born-again Christian.
If you are cynical about it, yea, but in general I am not cynical about peoples motives.

I think cubes is a very good salesman and certainly thinks about customers. But I've never gotten the feeling nor is there any proof that I know of, of him using devious methods with his customers. When I have a problem, his staff is right there to fix it. If I email cubes about something, his folks have contacted me about it.

With respect to Karl Rove, if he says he is then that pretty much should be it, shouldnt' it. Seems that's pretty personal and a gratuitious smear, not backed up by much. Or I guess it could be like wondering if you are really a mavs fan the way you hate the owner and fawn over other teams.

If your definition of huckster is to sell shoddy goods, I don't agree with you. He's an aggressive salesman, but I see no evidence of deceit.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote