View Single Post
Old 09-06-2007, 12:19 AM   #9
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
With due respect, I don't think Justin Reed is anyone's rolemodel. And if you think possession of marijuana is something an NBA teammate would be disappointed by...well, I just don't know what to say. Do you think that the percentage of NBA'ers who smoke is significantly less than 75% or so?
yes I do think its less than 75%-- about 6-18% actually. 75% is astoundingly high for a group of professional athletes and I don't know if you are kidding when you claim that three quarters of all NBA players smoke pot! Seriously? Do you really think that or are you just putting on your little act?

And although Justin Reed may not be anyone's rolemodel, he's a professional athlete earning 1.5 million a year in a professional and highly-visible league. If this was a respectable league, he'd have had some sort of league punishment.

The league is suffering right now from a horrible image :doubts as to the officiating of games; officials calling for the resignation of top brass; players involved in all sorts of bar brawls, wife beatings, gun offenses, dangerous driving infractions, drug offenses....all while Stern is trying to bring back a wholesome message of teamwork, social conscience and professionalism. Yeah smoking pot is a big deal.

and "with all due respect" is just an polite clause for a usually impolite idea-- don't even bother with it.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 09-06-2007 at 12:33 AM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote