View Single Post
Old 09-07-2007, 04:35 AM   #22
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
8. Showtime - Nitzer Ebb
Hell Yes. It's good to see some love for late-80's/early-90's industrial going around (although personally, I'd place That Total Age on my list before Showtime- but I know TTA is a bit heavy, and I'd also say that ST's 'Getting Closer' is one of the best songs that Nitzer Ebb ever released)...

'Muscle and Hate! Muscle and Hate! Force is Machine! Force is Machine! Fire! Fire....'

--EDIT--

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
I kind of stumbled into Nitzer Ebb. This album is the only one I have by them, never bought another one. I went to a Depeche Mode concert in Dallas in the 90's (Violator tour) and NE opened for them. It was an incredible concert, the crowd got into it and to be honest I was sad when they left. When DM came out after about 3 or 4 songs I was ready for NE to come back out. They brought the house down that night. That album reminds me of that night.... one of the finest concerts I've ever attended. Plus, it was the first concert I took my wife to so that also puts it high on my list (memory lane type artifact on my Island).
Whoops, I posted the above response not having read your second Nitzer Ebb post. I was a huge fan of NE going back to my aged high school days, and I was also fortunate enough to have seen them in concert twice (as in your case, they brought the damned house down both times- two of the best live performances I have ever seen), so I'd say that whether or not you like old Industrial stuff, if you are a fan of Showtime, then I'd strongly recommend the wonderful fascist-industrial masterpiece that is 'That Total Age'- and I'd specifically recommend the brutal anthem 'Join in the Chant'- a song that is pretty much one of my top 20 favorite songs of all-time, and one I might very well put on my top 10 if I was making that list whilst in the right kind of fascist/weight-lifting/roid-rage (I've never taken anything like that, but if I had, JITC would be a good song for it) kind of mood... Good, good stuff...

Last edited by Evilmav2; 09-07-2007 at 05:13 AM.
Evilmav2 is offline   Reply With Quote