Thread: Nelson Leaving?
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2007, 09:27 AM   #69
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Oh, c'mon now, dude. That is not fair at all. First off, he hasn't soured the Warriors yet at all, and I'd bet the good chance is that he won't. He certainly didn't sour the Mavericks, since regardless what you think of him he did leave you a partly-trained young coach in his stead. (And I can't imagine you would want to give back the fun years he gave the fans.)
Chum...sure he has, first golden state, then nyknicks.
With the mavs he was given every opportunity to be around the team and contribute as a senior statesman. Cubes did NOTHING but praise nellie and his contributions, giving him a cool million a year to show it. And then nellie has to publicly drag the remaining dollars out and sour the whole relationship. I'm not saying he doesn't have a case, but it sure does seem to follow him around.
Now golden state again.

I think you know my thoughts on nellie(the coach), I've defended him on this board for years. It wasn't until he quit on the team that I thought he needed to go and when he bought into that ridiculous AWalker "experiment". At that point it became apparent that nellie just doesn't believe in any kind of internal or long-term team development. He either gets bored or he can't pay attention to the small details that ultimately bring internal player improvment. Whatever, he looked like he needed to go. The results say that was the right answer.

Now he's pulling some of the same shenanigans in GS. His past seems to be his future.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote