View Single Post
Old 06-30-2002, 11:33 PM   #3
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

<< ARod is the only Ranger. >>

Rightfully so. He's the only Ranger that has produced.

It would've been terrible if I-Rod got in on his rep this year (much like Cal did the last few years on his rep, which I hated!)... All-Star games is for the ones who deserve it. I-Rod didn't deserve it this year. But apparently this kid: C A.J. Pierzynski, Twins 5-31-.323 did deserve to go.

(And I don't buy the argument that such and such should go over a young prospect because a) the guy has deserved it for past accomplishments b) the perospect has many more all-stars ahead of him. Reason A is why there is the Hall of Fame: to reward past accomplishments. Reason b is false. In sports you never know. Look at Tony Conigliaro. By age 25, he had 160 homers... but was hit by a pitch... suffered vision problems and was out of the game by 1970. If guys don't take advantage of the all-star game right then, it might pass them up.)
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote