View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007, 08:40 AM   #2
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janett_Reno
Alan Greenspan claims Iraq war was really for oil

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle2461214.ece

AMERICA’s elder statesman of finance, Alan Greenspan, has shaken the White House by declaring that the prime motive for the war in Iraq was oil.

In his long-awaited memoir, to be published tomorrow, Greenspan, a Republican whose 18-year tenure as head of the US Federal Reserve was widely admired, will also deliver a stinging critique of President George W Bush’s economic policies.

However, it is his view on the motive for the 2003 Iraq invasion that is likely to provoke the most controversy. “I am saddened that it is politically inconvenient to acknowledge what everyone knows: the Iraq war is largely about oil,” he says.

Greenspan, 81, is understood to believe that Saddam Hussein posed a threat to the security of oil supplies in the Middle East.

Britain and America have always insisted the war had nothing to do with oil. Bush said the aim was to disarm Iraq of weapons of mass destruction and end Saddam’s support for terrorism.
Saddam Hussein posed a threat to the security of oil supplies in the Middle East.

No matter what, that is the true reason we went to war. It had nothing to do with weapons of mass destruction, it had to do with weapons that can destroy oil wells. I am 1000% against this war, and for many personal reasons. #1 reason is we had no reason being there and I lost a dear family member there as well. I fully support ALL troops in ANY war. I served my time in the armed forces, but was blessed to never have to go to war, but I was more than willing to fight for my country at anytime. But, I am against this war!!!!!
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote