View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 08:51 AM   #26
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202
Dirk can't shoot from the outside? Howard can't shoot from the outside? Admittedly Harris is a penetrating guard, and AK is a slasher and "clean up" type player, but he has some offense as well. Stack and George could be put in for shooters out of the corners.

Dirk isn't clutch, but Terry is? You didn't see game 7 against SA did you.

Have you checked out the numbers AK had when Boozer was out, and he was allowed to work inside? AK became an all-star due to his play. He regressed when Sloan put Boozer inside and AK became an offside jump shooter which is not his strength. I am not saying that it wasn't the best option for Sloan, but it was definately not the best place for AK. On the Dallas team, they don't have an inside threat who is a post player like a Boozer, Shaq, or TD. They have a basic open middle which players use to drive. AK would thrive offensively here. He could also thrive defensively because Dallas has turnstiles on the perimeter and everything is funneled back to Damp/Diop in the middle. If AK could help side, his shot blocking would be very good as well.

Personally, I'd take Harris's defense over Terry's offense most of the time. The Mavs have Dirk, and Howard, and then Stack, George, Jones, as well as Harris who can chip in points. Giving points up and getting the bigs in foul trouble is a bigger issue to me -- and Harris is better than Terry in that category.

Tell me, with the line-up of Harris, Howard, AK, Dirk, Diop with Damp, Stack, Jones, George ----- the nine that would actaully see playoff minutes --- what team do they not match up against from a defensive standpoint?
Jet is the best clutch player the Mavs have. How could you even argue that?

Harris is not a penetrating guard because he does not finish(score) on a consistent basis, nor does he set players up on a consistent basis. I would consider Parker a penetrating scoring PG is we want to use the word penetrating. Parker penetrates to score. Look at the numbers and it proves it. That is the reason he shots a high fg%. He is a scoring PG, who uses penetration to get his points. Kidd penetrates to set-up other players to score.

Will somebody wake me up and tell me when AK became an inside scorer? AK does NOT have any inside moves to score. He is NOT the answer for an inside scorer. Please show me how we can call AK an inside scorer. AK is a garbage guy, who thrives on garbage buckets on offense. He is a sneaky player who can get tip-ins and hustle points on fast break type plays. He is NOT an inside scorer. AK has zero offensive skills and is limited on the offensive end. AK is not a go to guy as well, and cant create his own shots, and his not a good outside shooter. He plays great help defense and gets garbage buckets and can rebound well. All these things are also great for the Mavs, but his attitude and lack of offense is a negative.
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote