View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 03:49 PM   #12
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I can't offer much advice, but I certainly can empathize. I'm a fellow Senior Economics (and Math) major trying to figure out what I want to do with my life. I do think I'm going onto grad school for a Master's, but I'm having a lot of trouble figuring what field to go into. I've got three options I'm looking at - Actuarial, Financial Mathematics, and Economics. I really like Economics, but I'm not too sure whether it would be able to open the door to the types of jobs I think I might be interested in. A good Actuary or Financial Mathematics degree would have me set as far as finding a well-paying job, but I still don't know much about these fields. I think they would be two good combinations of my interest in Math and Economics, but like I said I just started learning about them recently. It's a tad scary knowing that the decision you are about to make is going to for all likelihood shape the next 5+ years of your life.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 09-26-2007 at 03:51 PM.
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote