View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 08:23 PM   #13
MavsMandy

MavsMandy is just really niceMavsMandy is just really niceMavsMandy is just really niceMavsMandy is just really niceMavsMandy is just really niceMavsMandy is just really nice

i second madape's advice re: working for a few years before business school. the admissions process favors people with work experience, and i've heard that you get more out of it once you've been working for awhile.

as for law school vs. working...well, i had to make the same decision. i realized the major reason i wanted to go to law school was because i didn't know what else to do and it seemed like a good default--and that's not a good enough reason to put yourself through the pain and debt of three years of law school.

so, i made the decision to get a job. did a double major in economics and computer science and have been working at a management consulting firm for about a month now. so far it has been a pretty sweet gig, although i'm sure the travel will get old at some point. i'm planning to do this for two years and then go get an mba (which my company will hopefully pay for, under the condition that i come back for another two years).

good luck. having recently been through the whole process, i know how much it can suck.
MavsMandy is offline   Reply With Quote