View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 08:55 PM   #14
mnmpeanut

mnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to all

as someone who has been unemployed for going on 5 months now, i find it amusing to read about people who finished their bachelor's yet are working in an industry/occupation that has little or nothing to do with their major.

i was told in an interview not long ago that i was overqualified yet undereducated. meaning, i have almost 15 years experience as an accountant, but because i didn't finish my degree (full-time work plus full-time school - fine - add fatherhood, oops, no can do), i can't get a sniff almost anywhere, much less at the salary range that someone with my experience should garner.

anyway, in my opinion, if you have the means, the opportunity, and the desire to continue your education now, i would have to go with that. i can tell you from experience that you never know where life will take you, so getting your education finished before most of life's major events (marraige, children, etc.) take place is always the way to go.