View Single Post
Old 09-27-2007, 08:11 PM   #31
Henry_VIII

Henry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to all

BS in Computer Science and Math here. Work in an IT department as a developer/architect/analyst/etc. Doing it for over a decade and two employers.

I would point to the practical issue that has been alluded to but not directly said. Take time to assess your financial situation. If you are financially able to continue on in school without owing the earnings of the foreseeable future to a financial institution, then staying in school is a practical option. If you are already getting pretty steeped in debt, it would probably be best to get a career oriented job. You can do very well without the extra education. Financially, you will be best served to get as much practical experience under your belt, and then add on the MBA for a bump. From what I've seen, experience drives the base salary and education gives you the 5-10% extra. Getting experience early is always advantageous in my opinion. Taking the slow road to an MBA (1 class per semester while working) works for many people.

Please, don't take this to mean that it is all about the money. I whole-heartedly agree with those who have advised you to find what you love and do it. Just don't ignore the practical.
Henry_VIII is offline   Reply With Quote