View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 10:37 AM   #7
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
I love Verizon FIOS. I hate Verizon.

We moved to a new house a month ago. TWICE the cable has been cut (both times by Verizon themselves). The cable they installed 2 weeks ago to repair the 2nd cut is still running down my driveway, across my neighbors lawn and over their driveway.

Plus, when they installed the interior cables I told them I didn't want COAX, just Ethernet. The installer said okay. So, he pulls BOTH which was no big deal except on the Ethernet cable he only terminated the end that was inside the house. And had connected the COAX to the NT and that was what was activated.

I was pissed. But luckily I have a crimper so I put a jack on the other end (at the NT) and plugged it in, called Verizon and told them to enable the Ethernet port and disable the COAX. But man, their service just sucks. Plus, the 2 cables they pulled are suspended a foot off the ground making walking around the attic a hazard and putting force ontop of the vent work. And yes, for 3 weeks now we have had a request in to have those cables reran but it doesn't seem to be a priority.
My HDMI output on my set top box went out on Monday night (already?). I was on the phone with them (Verizon) all day on Tuesday, and they're coming out today at lunch time to replace it. It sucks bc running home at lunch is not easy to do, but they can really go fast when they want to. I found their customer service pretty good.

Of course, running cables is a different animal. Maybe they don't have very many people qualified to do that?

And I have a crimper too....so....high five?