View Single Post
Old 10-07-2007, 12:07 AM   #22
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Trying to get my cablecards activated for my Tivo HD DVR is proving to be an adventure, but from what I've seen running it on the OTA HD channels and the standard cable channels it will be well worth the effort. I've had alot of experience with the Time Warner/Comcast Hd DVR and it really sucks. I've also heard bad things about the Direct TV DVRs, but I haven't lived with one.

I was tempted to switch to Direct TV because they are first to add the new HD channels, but the others will eventually catch up. Comcast in Houston just added TBSHD and they will be adding these by the end of the month:
234 Fox Business Channel
283 National Geographic HD
284 USA HD
285 A&E HD
286 History HD
287 HGTV HD
288 Food HD
299 CNN HD

So basically Tivo is the best DVR, and Direct TV is the best service (for now). Too bad you can't use them together.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote