View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 09:00 AM   #5
jeffajufo

jeffajufo will become famous soon enough

I don't see this trade happening. Kobe Bryant is the best player in the world, he's in his prime, he has a humoungous contract, and he's the one reason why the Lakers are a relevant team. If you were to trade him, who or what would it be for? Is it even possible to get equal value for a guy like this? Highley unlikely. They would have to completly alter the makeup of the team if they decided to trade him.(EX: Would Phil Jackson return as coach to basically start over with a team team,with all the health problems he's had and the fact that his legacy as a Hall of Fame coach is already secured). I think it makes more sense for them to build a team thats ready to win now.(Passing up on Jason Kidd,KG and Jermaine O'Neal among others was foolish) They were the team that needed a shakeup more than any western conference team, and they just stood pat. I don't see how they expect to advance to the second round in such a brutal conference with the '07-08 version of "Michael and the Jordainaires".
jeffajufo is offline   Reply With Quote